There was no success on the lyric-writing front today, and not for lack of trying. I mean:
1. my brain keeps sticking other songs in my head besides the one I want to work on
2. we're talking about soul-crushing boredom here, folks
3. it's finally Friday, of a very long-seeming week, and that's distracting enough
4. my inner procrastinator keeps reassuring me that I'll finish everything tonight/tomorrow afternoon
5. I don't really care if I finish them or not - I'll never get them memorized by tomorrow night, and I usually make them up on the spot anyway, and nobody has ever understood the lyrics at a "rock" concert, ever.
I had mentioned something about a birthday-wrap-up thing earlier, didn't I? Yeah, well, I'm too bored to get depressed right now. I'll worry about it when I get home; maybe that'll give me something to write lyrics about.