1. My least favorite thing about NYC Mass Transportation is the stretch on the N line between Manhattan and Queens. The train always feels like it's travelling at 140 miles an hour; it's very loud and dark; everyone's face always looks like they're about to get punched in the face; conversations stop; babies start crying; it's consistently stomach-churning and I had to take the N a lot this weekend, as the 7 train was blocked off for construction.
2. I've had a Palm Pilot for a couple months now, and it's pretty cool, but my friend Max "beamed" me a Palm Pilot version of Yahtzee, which is now my constant subway distraction. First of all, the whole concept of "beaming" is pretty fucking awesome. Secondly, I think it's unfair that my horrible dice rolling skills in real-life Yahtzee have traversed the real/fake dimension, and I still consistently suck. I was playing against the PP the other day, and it rolled 3 Yahtzees in one game in a row. Meanwhile, counting the 10 games or so I played with the woman's family in Florida a month ago and the 20 or so games I've played on the PP since then, I've managed to roll exactly one (1) Yahtzee.
3. Signing Jim Leyritz notwithstanding, I'm really psyched for Yankee baseball this season. However, with this whole YES network hooha, I don't know how many games I'll be able to see on cable, and that fucking sucks.
4. Before I went to bed last night, I was flipping around and came across "The Original Kings Of Comedy", which I had sorta wanted to see when it came out last year, even if Steve Harvey is second only to David Allen Grier in terms of unfunnyness. It was OK, except that I couldn't understand a single word that Bernie Mac said. Does that make me a racist?
5. The woman and her friends have been really into Luna bars, and consequently I've been pretty into Clif bars. Whether they're good for you or not is besides the point; they're tasty and they're easy to chew, which for me right now is key. Powerbars are more suited for hammering or demolition than for chewing, I find.