1. Kath and I bought our first thing for the apartment last night - a purple slipcover for the couch, which is gonna go great with the rest of the paint scheme. We were also going to buy a new showerhead, but we decided to hold off until we had more money and had looked at other showerheads. Regardless, it's still pretty cool.
2. I've been in the throes of another random anxiety attack - well, random isn't necessarily the right word, because I know what triggered it, it's just that it's really annoying and I'd like it to go away. It started when I called the doctor's office this afternoon because they hadn't called me about my blood test results. I got my results, and they're pretty much what I expected them to be - high cholesterol, high triglycerides, normal thyroid and blood count, no hepatitis or anything else. I suppose I expected there to be an HIV test included in all this, but apparently I had to specify that. Also, the doctor wants me to to come in again so that I can take a "fasted" blood test so that they can re-check my cholesterol, at which point they'll also check me for HIV. I just wanted all this to be over with. Gah. I need booze.
3. Finished The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, which I really enjoyed, even though it was probably the most story-orientated novel I've read in years - and by story-driven, I mean a novel whose main objective is to tell a story, as opposed to having a story only for the purposes of furthering some other idea or notion or whatever. (See Infinite Jest, Diamond Age/Snow Crash, Hard-Boiled Wonderland..., anything Vonnegut or Pynchon, etc.) Highly recommended. Next up: Gaiman's American Gods.
4. Big weekend coming up - Cornelius on Friday, then G-Red's wedding in Montreal. I very well might HAVE to go to some casinos in order to make back the money I will have spent between the car and the hotel.
5. Remember when I was talking about buying a 2nd computer strictly for Pro Tools recording? Ha ha ha ha ha ha.
6. I am madly in love with this mid-70s non-humid weather we've been having this week. It's the kind of weather that makes me happy to be alive.
7. I was supposed to have drinks with my old friend the bassist tonight, but that has been postponed until next week. Hopefully that won't affect anything...