Is it me, or has LJ been ridiculously slow recently? I wanted to post yesterday, and I could never even get the update page to load.
So, being that it seems to be working today, a few things:
1. I might have mentioned here how I was trying to track down a long-lost friend from high school, and how a few weekends ago I called up her old house and left a message on her parents' answering machine; well, she e-mailed me yesterday. She apparently lives about 4 blocks from where I work; we're having drinks next week. I am stoked.
2. I like obsessing over details. Specifically, musical details. And so I'd just like to say that the banjo line in the last chorus in Jellyfish's "The Ghost of Number One" is friggin' genius.
3. Goddammit. I had a whole bunch of crap that I wanted to post yesterday, and now I've forgotten it. Oh, wait, I remember now: I've been a fan of Monty Python for a long time, although I'd never seen the actual shows. I bought the Flying Circus box set a few months back and just started to watch them a few nights ago. And, I mean, wow. Disc 5 in particular - "Meet the Press", "The Spanish Inquisition" and "Deja Vu" - brilliant, brilliant stuff. I've seen the movies about a thousand times each, to the point where I don't laugh out loud anymore, but I was making cackling noises last night at these shows.
4. I can already tell that I'm gonna have a hard time staying awake today.
5. Tonight, Kath and I finally see "Bowling for Columbine"; tomorrow, I see "Lost in La Mancha". Both films are playing at Landmark Sunshine Cinema on Houston Street, approximately 20 feet from my old apartment (the "Yonah Schimmel Knishery", for those of you who are familiar with the area). But when I lived there, it was a dirty vacant lot.