- Favorite Scene: Fred and George's final prank and farewell was absolutely the highlight of the book. The ultimate "fuck-you" to one of the most outrageously evil characters in the HP universe. (Runner-up: Professor McGonnagal: "Are you SURE you don't want a cough drop?"
- I have to hand it to Miz JK - she certainly knows how to write evil characters. I mean, who doesn't want to give Umbridge a good cock-punching?
- Can't Harry just give Neville a hug? The poor kid. It's one thing to have your parents die when you're a kid; it's quite another to have them still alive but completely insane and to have to visit them every week with a crazy grandmother. And it was nice to see him getting his Defense on.
- The formation of the DA was awesome.
- It'll never happen, but it would be nice if Harry and Snape had a little pow-wow and sorted some shit out, especially since Harry now knows that his dad was a bit of an asshole.
- Also - I'm sure it's nice to be able to magically jinx and hex your enemies, but at some point Harry's just gonna have to walk up to Draco and kick him in the nuts.
- Cho Chang - psycho basket case. 'Nuff said.
- The infamous "Death": Whatever, dude. This didn't break my heart one bit.
So, regarding parts 6 and 7: I hope Luna Lovegood has some relevant purpose besides being the token wierd "art-student" girl. You know what I mean. I'm sure she does - she wouldn't have had a whole chapter named for her if she didn't - but I sure as hell can't figure out why. You gotta figure that Ron and Hermione are gonna get their freak on - probably near the end of 7; you know that Grawp is gonna be kicking some Death Eater ass; you know that the Malfoys are gonna wreak havoc and then get a righteous ass-kicing themselves; and, of course, if you finished 5 then you know that there's at least one more death waiting in the wings, and I think we can all figure out who that's gonna be.
So now I need something else to read. Any suggestions?