B R A I N
E X P L O D E R :
C E L E B R I T Y
" P H I L "
T H E
B L A N K .
EDITED BY CARLTON DOBY
- - - -
The sentence "When she heard the good news, Jill picked up the phone ___________ brother" can be completed with the name "Ann Coulter," especially if you can say it out loud in a Philadelphia accent. Complete each of the following sentences with the name of a famous person.
1. Of all the Gibb Brothers, the artist ____________ often than he sketched Maurice.
2. "I can pay you in bricks or you can take your _____________."
3. Sign held on street median by down-on-his-luck metalworker: "______________ for food."
4. "You can either snag a petal, snatch a bud, _______________ for your pressed flower collection."
5. "Pots of ____________ made by boiling small cylinders with thine vegetables."
- - - -
Please note that this is a real quiz with real answers. Send your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight July 26. The first five correct entrants will have their names announced here and will receive a McSweeney's Books title of our choosing.
I've got 1, and I have a pretty good idea on 4, but I'm at a loss regarding the others.