1. Had drinks with the band last night. We were to meet outside the cafe in the Union Square Virgin Megastore; I figured I'd get there a bit early so I could finally finish Quicksilver, but I couldn't because The Shins were doing an in-store performance. Not a bad reason to be usurped. (I'm sorry, but while that sentence might not make any sense, it sounds cool.)
2. Bought 2 killer Xbox games this week, neither of which I've had any chance to play - SSX3 and Crimson Skies. In the 20 minutes or so that I've spent with them, I can tell you this - they are both insanely awesome.
3. Also bought the Indiana Jones DVD set, which is, as you can imagine, awesome.
4. Katharine and I are both taking half-days today; we're driving up to near-Syracuse to visit her sister. For some reason, I'm really uncomfortably anxious about the drive. I've lived in NYC for almost 10 years, and while I've taken a bus to my mom's house about 1000 times, I've only actually driven out of the city maybe 5 times. Why am I so freaked out about it? Very annoying.
5. Regardless of what happens this weekend, the ALCS was satisfying enough for me.