2. Because I was all sick last night, I sorta just moped around in bed until I remembered that HBO was reshowing "Angels in America". Holy crap. I read that play about 5 or 6 years ago, when it first came out and everyone at NYU Tisch was walking around with the script... hadn't really thought of it since, but it all came flooding back. Some of the best acting I've seen in an incredibly long time, especially by the guy playing Prior... and of course Emma rules and even gives ol' Meryl a run for her money in terms of her accents... absolutely wonderful stuff. Can't wait for part 2!
3. By this time next year, I will:
- be 29
- be married
- be living in a new apartment in Brooklyn that Kath and I will have bought
- be owning a puppy?
- be rocking out with Good Evening, because we had BETTER have found a drummer by then
4. I need a new book, and I'm sorta in the mood for some sort of Foucault's Pendulum/Da Vinci Code/secret society conspiracy thing/but scholarly, not trashy/ sort of thing. Any ideas? Is The Celesitne Prophecy worth picking up, or is it just a piece of shit? Or is there something else out there that I oughta be reading?
5. Having just talked about this w/ jmg77, and pending jongre's approval, I want to draft 2 teams in next year's MLFnB's fantasy league; one will be the Corporate Insanity, of course, but I also want to draft an anti-fantasy team, a team that gets shut out every week. I think it would be an interesting challenge to draft a team that doesn't win a single category, every single week. And it would have to be active players, not just a team with tons of people on the DL.
More to come. I'm feeling... verbose.