2. This weekend ended up being remarkably productive; I finished the music for that Six Characters piece, and the director came over on Sunday, heard it, loved it, and took it home. The whole process was a bit humbling - I'm not as good on the piano as I used to be, as it turns out, and it was frustrating having my fingers unable to catch up to my brain. Still, it was nice playing piano all weekend, which is something I haven't done since I lived at my mother's house.
3. I gotta say, I'm enjoying this season's Sopranos. How about Buscemi's outfit, eh? Gotta love them shoulder pads. I'm wondering who he's going to end up killing, because you don't hire Buscemi to be in the Sopranos unless he's gonna kill people in violent ways. Either that, or he ends up sleeping with Meadow.
4. I'm refraining from coffee and marijuana for the next few weeks; those dreaded anxiety attacks have been starting up again and I don't need to aggravate them any further. These attacks - and by attacks, I mean a constant state of dread - started up again with what happened in Madrid, and now I'm seriously considering asking my doctor for some happy pills, or maybe just a shrink, because it's getting really annoying.
5. This afternoon I've got another dentist appointment - deep cleaning, phase 2 - but I'm nowhere near as nervous as I was for phase 1. If anything, it's comforting to know that after today, I'll be back to regular checkups and I won't have to worry about my jaw falling off.
And, finally, today kicks off my new daily meme - my iPod commute soundtrack, including what I skipped over. My iPod isn't as good with the "shuffle" feature as I'd like it to be, as you'll soon see:
1. The Sea and Cake, "Jacking the Ball"
2. R.E.M., "We Walk" (skip)
3. Pavement, "Cream of Gold" (skip)
4. Frank Zappa, "Valley Girl"
5. Bob Dylan, "Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands" (skip after 3 verses)
6. Ween, "Pandy Fackler"
7. Burning Airlines, "Meccano" (skip)
8. Outkast, "Love in War" (skip after 1 verse)
9. Built to Spill, "Carry the Zero"
10. U2, "A Sort of Homecoming"
11. Camper Van Beethoven, "Borderline"
12. Beck, "Fuckin' with my Head"
13. My Bloody Valentine, "Blown a Wish" (skip)
14. U2, "Even Better than the Real Thing"
15. U2, "Pride (In the Name of Love)" (skip)
16. U2, "The Fly") (that's 4 U2 songs within 10-16... WTF?)
17. White Stripes, "Seven Nation Army" (skip - this is the only WS song my iPod will randomly select)
18. June of 44, "Does Your Heart Beat Slower") (skip after a minute or so)
19. AIR, "Remember"
20. Luna, "Anesthesia" (skip)
21. Burning Airlines, "3 Sisters" (skip)
22. Built to Spill, "Velvet Waltz" (skip after 1 verse)
23. AIR, "Le Voyage de Penelope"
24. Peter Gabriel, "Mercy Street"
25. The Giraffes, "Nuthin to Looz"