1. I'd been slacking to alarming degrees on the 6 Characters soundtrack, and so basically I had to have SOMETHING for them when they came over on Saturday for a writing session. As I'd been running out of time, I basically broke the video into 4 or 5 segments, and planned out music for each segment (knowing that I'd also have to create some transitions, but that would be easier once I knew what I'd be linking to). Of those 4 or 5 bits, I knew what music I wanted for 3 of them (one of which would be reprised at the end), but I had no idea what to do about the others. So at 12:30pm, I played them what I had, and then we talked about the missing bits. Once that was settled, I had until 3:30 to write the missing bits, AND the transitions, AND then record the whole thing as a rough draft - with 2 guitars, bass, keys and drums (AND THEN mix, master and burn a CD). Oh, also, I didn't have access to a DVD player while I was recording this, so I had to rely on my time cues that I had written down a few nights previous, so I really didn't know if my segues would line up or not. The video short is just under 6 minutes, by the way, which might not seem that long but is actually a fucking ETERNITY when you don't know how to fill up the space. The exciting news, though, is that I actually did it. At 3:40pm, I put in the CD, fired up the DVD, and we all watched it for the first time. They were actually pretty pleased with it, too; it was obviously a bit rushed and rough, but it's enough for the editor to work with and now I have until Thursday to come up with a polished and tweaked version.
2. Kath and I watched the entire Arrested Development DVD, and we are pretty sure it's the greatest show of all time.
3. We also watched The Office special, which wasn't as laugh-out-loud funny as we'd maybe hoped, but certainly chock full of horrifyingly awkward moments and a very, very satisfying conclusion to the Tim/Dawn saga. It got a little dusty in the apartment.
4. And we ALSO watched The Ladykillers, which we both felt was quite bad.
5. Kath also kicked my ass in Monopoly. In under 90 minutes.