favorite late-night albums, in no particular order*:
1. Yo La Tengo, "And then nothing..."
2. Sam Prekop, s/t
3. Sigur Ros, (can't spell it)**
4. Low, "The Curtain hits the cast"***
5. Glenn Gould, "Goldberg Variations, Bach (1955)"
* since I've gotten so used to not having a stereo, I hardly ever listen to music at night anymore. that being said, these are representative of what I would listen to, if I were so inclined.
** it took me a long time to like this album on its own terms, but man is it beautiful.
*** I have especially fond memories of a late-nite session w/ this record; me and 3 very good friends took X and just went crazy in the apartment for many hours, and I was having a particularly good DJ night as we were tripping; anyway, this is what i put on for us to fade out to, and it wasn't nearly as depressing as it can be under sober-er conditions.