2. Downloaded the new Beck album this morning; I must admit that I'm a little underwhelmed. It's good, but not AWESOME, which is what I expect from his non-acoustic stuff. Of course, it took me quite a few listens to really get Midnite Vultures, so I'm not totally writing it off just yet.
3. Inspired by the Bloc Party album - "Like Broken Glass" is amazing, and I still can't get the bridge of "This Modern Love" out of my head - I made a looooong iPod playlist of my favorite up-tempo major-key songs. Had the Beck album not come out this morning, I'd be rocking to it all day.
- Lou Barlow, "Caterpillar Girl"
- Interpol, "PDA" (specifically for the end)
- Death Cab, "Company Calls"
- Arcade Fire, "Rebellion (Lies)"
- Buffalo Tom, "Mountains of Your Head"
- Frank Zappa, "Father O'Blivion"
- Genesis, "It" (brand-new recording, from the Archives: 1 boxset of a few years back, including Peter Gabriel)
- PJ Harvey, "Kamikaze"
- The Police, "Synchronicity I"
- Stereolab, "Barock-Plastik"
- Ted Leo, "Where Have All The Rude Boys Gone?"
- The Walkman, "The Rat"
- Wilco, "I'm A Wheel"
4. The new Splinter Cell comes out this week; my copy should be arriving any day now; I'm VERY EXCITED. Online co-op. (You listening, echothree and/or bottlroktt and/or any other Xboxers out there?)
5. Busy week this week, but that's good; it's nice to get out of the house.