1. Hi. My name is Jervo, and I'm a Dunkin' Donuts fiend.
2. Finally got around to starting Fortress of Solitude last night; I never picked it up while in Jamaica and it sorta got lost in the shuffle during the move. I'm only about 20 pages in and I've totally fallen in love with it. I'm not nearly good enough of a writer to explain WHY I love his writing style, other than to say that he has a way of turning the tiny details of living into something beautiful. And I never get tired of reading about Brooklyn, regardless of the era.
3. The rest of our furniture arrives sometime tomorrow: a dining room table (and 4 chairs), 2 DVD shelves and a bookcase. And then... we'll finally be rid of our cache of cardboard boxes.
4. Hey, Gary Sheffield - why you gotta be such a douchebag? Have fun in Tampa Bay next year.
5. The album of the day is either Sufjan's "Illinois" or the Secret Machines' "Now Here Is Nowhere"; haven't quite decided what mood I'm in yet. I think I might go with SM - it's Friday, dammit, and I might as well make my spacing-out more interesting.