LJ just ate my entry. GRRRRRRRRRRRR.
1. Since we settled in to the new apartment, I've made a concerted effort to aggressively pay off my rather sizable credit card debt; I've been automatically paying $100 every week. This morning I checked my credit card account, just to make sure I had enough room for the hotel we're staying in this weekend... turns out my credit line EXPLODED. Normally when I get an increase, it's just a few hundred dollars, and that's only once every 8-12 months. This morning, though, they essentially doubled my current line... which is both fantastic and terrible news. I mean, it pretty much guarantees that I'll be picking this up today, for the plane ride. (And it also means that I'll definitely be getting this sooner rather than later, and maybe even something like this. See? I'm in trouble already.)
2. I knew that I needed some new music for the plane... so I downloaded the New Pornographers "Twin Cities", which is amazing, and Elliot Smith's "Either/Or", which I apparently lost some time ago. The New Pornographers album is fan-fucking-tastic. I'm not familiar with their earlier albums, but I really liked A.C. Newman's "Slow Wonder", and this new album sounds a bit like that but with some balls.
3. I did my xray thing yesterday; drank a whole crapload of that barium stuff, which at first didn't taste that bad (mostly because I had to fast and was thus incredibly thirsty and grateful to drink anything) but ended up doing a number on my stomach for the rest of the day. Ironic, since my stomach was the subject of yesterday's tests. Actually, it's kinda good; too often I go to the doctor with stomach problems and when I get there my stomach feels absolutely fine. I'm glad that they could at least see the damned thing in action.
4. We have a very early flight tomorrow morning for my cousin's wedding, out in Provo - the most conservative city in the country. Awesome! Neither my cousin nor his wife-to-be are in any way conservative - I believe she's an ex-Mormon, though, which is why the wedding's in Utah as opposed to Los Angeles, where they live. Whatever. I'm doing fine, anxiety-wise, which is amazing considering how many horrific plane accidents have happened over the last 3 weeks or so. It'll be nice seeing the extended family again; haven't seen them in about a year.
5. I saw this on some blog, somewhere... iPod wars. Instead of playing the "guess the lyrics" game, it's up to you to submit the first 10 shuffled songs on your iPod, and then we get to vote on who has the cooler list. It's incredibly snobby and elitist, and I would definitely lose as my iPod still can't seem to shake its fixation on Steely Dan, Traffic and Jethro Tull. However, I don't think I'll be getting that much work done today, so if you want to play along, leave a comment and we'll set this bitch up.