2. Jon Stewart will host the Oscars this year.
3. Good Evening rehearsal last night was a surprising success - we spent all 4 hours working on 3 new songs, hoping to get them gig-ready, and for the most part we succeeded. We've got 2 more full-band rehearsals between now and Tuesday night, and I'm relatively optimistic that we'll be able to pull everything together. And even if we don't, even if they're just 80%-90% done, each song has at least one totally awesome part that's worth hearing, and I'd certainly feel comfortable playing them in front of a small-ish crowd.
4. When I got home I watched the last 5 minutes of the USC-Texas game, which was apparently all I needed to see. Sports Guy watched the whole thing for me, anyway.
- 8:21 -- Our celebrity coin tosser tonight ... Judge Smails' wife from "Caddyshack." Whoops, that's Sandra Day O'Connor. Sorry about that, Sandy.
5. iTunes has this new "Just For You" feature, which sorta works like Amazon's recommendation system but it's sorta flawed for my purposes - I've got over 6000+ in my library, but this feature is only geared towards the 100 or so songs I've bought since August. In any event, I'd kept seeing My Morning Jacket's "Z" floating around, and I caved in and bought it - it's pretty good.