1. Of all the bands/artists in your cd/record collection, which one do you own the most albums by?
The Beatles, but if we switched the question to "What single person participated (in a musical or producer capacity) on the most albums you own", it would be John McEntire.
2. What was the last song you listened to?
Sufjan Stevens, "Come On, Feel the Illioise!..."
3. What's in your record/CD player right now?
My iPod is generally on shuffle, but right now I'm obviously listening to Sufjan's "Illinois" album. Did I mention that Sufjan owes Good Evening a favor?
4. What song pretty much sums you up?
The bridge in The Walkmen's "The Rat" does a pretty good job. I'm not sure I can be summed up in a song, though, especially since I hardly ever pay attention to lyrics.
5. What's your favorite local band?
If by "local" you mean NYC band that hasn't exploded yet, I don't know. My friends are in great bands, but I can't say I've ventured out to see a "local" band here since I was in college.
6. What was the last show you attended?
I have absolutely no idea. It's been a while. Actually, no - I saw Mike play in Adam Richman's band at the Knitting Factory a few months ago.
7. What was the greatest show you've ever been to?
Can't narrow it down to just one. Hum @ Irving Plaza for the "Downward is Heavenward" Tour... Cornelius @ Bowery Ballroom for "Point"... Radiohead @ Hammerstein Ballroom, several times, for "OK Computer"... U2 @ Giants Stadium for the 2nd half of the "Achtung Baby" tour... Phish @ Nassau Colisseum, 4/2/98 and 4/3/98...
8. What's the worst band you've ever seen in concert?
Without a doubt, Live. Saw them open up for Peter Gabriel at the WOMAD tour a million years ago and they were HORRIBLE; saw them open up for Jane's Addiction a few years ago and they were even worse.
9. What band do you love musically but hate the members of?
Brian Wilson is a fucking asshole. Just kidding. Smashing Pumpkins, pre-Mellon Collie.
10. What is the most musically involved you have ever been?
I was in 3 bands at one time and also wrote the music for a friend's play.
11. What shows are you looking forward to?
I will have to see Wilco at some point this year. Or Tweedy solo, or Loose Fur.
12. What is your favorite band shirt?
I have a Dismemberment Plan hoodie that I heart.
13. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?
John McEntire, Jim O'Rourke, or Paul McCartney.
14. What musician would you like to be in love with for a day?
This is a pretty retarded question. I think they're asking "what musician would I like to fuck for a day." Um... dunno. Not interested, really.
15. Pat Benatar or Cyndi Lauper?
How can you make me choose?!!!
16. Sabbath or solo Ozzy?
17. Commodores or solo Lionel Ritchie?
18. Punk rock, hip hop or heavy metal?
Depends on the era. I own more hip hop records than I do punk or metal, though.
19. Doesn't Primus suck?
20. Name 5 flawless albums:
Frank Zappa, "Apostrophe"
Paul Simon, "Graceland"
The Beatles, "Revolver"
Jane's Addiction, "Ritual De Lo Habitual"
21. Did you know that filling out this survey makes you a music geek?
I didn't need to take a survey to figure that one out.
22. What was the greatest decade for music?
Dunno, but the greatest YEAR for music was 1989.
23. How many music-related videos/dvds do you own?
Probably around 10 or so.
24. Do you like Journey?
25. Don't try to pretend you don't!
You can't tell me what to do.
26. What is your favorite movie soundtrack?
It's a tie between "Rushmore" and "Ocean's 12".
27. What was your last musical phase?
I was pretty much obsessed with all things Jeff Tweedy in December.
28. What's the crappiest CD/record/etc. (the last version said "that you own", so I'm going with that)
Probably Peter Gabriel's "Ovo". That's the first thing that leaps to mind, that's also still on my iPod.
29. Do you prefer vinyl or CDs?
30. All totaled, how much do you spend on music a month?
I'll generally download at least 1-2 albums on iTunes per month, so let's say $20.