1. In case you missed it: Colbert on O'Reilly; O'Reilly on Colbert. Listen for the nervous twitters of laughter on the O'Reilly Show; it's not that Colbert was being savage, it's that he was smarter, faster, and clearly not afraid of Billo. And frankly, Bill had here a glorious opportunity to savage Colbert, and the best he could come up with was the French-ness of the name Colbert? Puh-leeze.
2. Lots of interesting TV last night, beyond the Colbert/O'Reilly craziness; a pretty good episode of The Office, followed by my boy Liev Schreiber joining the cast of CSI:Vegas; meanwhile we DVR'd the Avenue Q-ified Scrubs, which became a bit too much after 10 minutes or so.
3. I don't really pay attention to Pitchfork that much anymore, but yesterday's review of the forthcoming Menomena album sounds pretty fucking awesome. Stereogum seconds that emotion.
4. Speaking of which, Stereogum reports: Apple and The Beatles may be coming together sooner than we'd expected. As in, February.
5. Thank friggin' God it's friggin' Friday.