1. Nature Fight.
2. I've been working on a new song in my head for the better part of 2 weeks now, and I was all set to start formally recording it last night... and the song was so awesome that my computer crashed before I had a chance to save any of it. Part of the problem is that, as usual, I've decided to make things more difficult than they need to be, in this particular instance by trying to incorporate Reason and Pro Tools at the same time without really knowing what I'm doing. (Also, it should be pointed out that I haven't yet actually finished the song - I just sorta know how it goes.) So my project during my slow time at work today is to fully sketch out this beast, and then figure out how to arrange it with minimal fuss. There's a method to my overcomplicated madness, though - I want to use Reason because its sound library is so much better than the crappy free synth program in Pro Tools... and also because my drum software totally spazzes out now that I've upgraded to the newest version of Pro Tools... and because this particular song is best served by drum loops. Here's the ultimate point - I'm really excited about this particular song. It's quite different from what I've written in the past, and I have a production aesthetic that I really want this song to adhere to. When it's finished, it will be the most complicated thing I've ever recorded, even though it (hopefully) won't reflect that at all. (I'm also hoping that by doing it in this crazy fashion, I will then learn how to do it more efficiently and effectively.) I will obviously keep you apprised, whether you care or not.
3. Here are the answers that nobody got in this morning's movie quiz:
2. Suburban / Woman In Jeopardy / Lip Syncing Blue Velvet
5. Alcohol / Poetry / Pedophile Henry Fool
7. Film Making / Recording Studio / New Year's Eve Party Boogie Nights
10. Brain Transplant / Transgender / Mother Daughter Relationship Soapdish