1. Who was your best friend?
The artist formerly known as wienerschnitzel
2. What sports did you play?
I was a music/theater nerd. Sports were for idiots.
3. What kind of car did you drive?
I didn't have a car until after I graduated, which was my stepfather's old Nissan Sentra, with the license plate 2BERNT2B , which was very popular at the local diner on weekend nights.
4. It's Friday night, where were you?
I am... hmm... probably shooting pool with wienerschnitzel and then hitting up one of the local diners. Or maybe that was after high school? I might have been a Nepera's Children rehearsal.
5. Were you a party animal?
I didn't engage in varying forms of sobriety until right before graduation. The summer of graduation, though, holy shit.
6. Were you considered a flirt?
Once I became single during the end of my junior year, yeah, I kinda went a little nuts.
7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
I was concertmaster of the orchestra, pianist in the jazz band, and in both chorus and voice ensemble. And my rock band destroyed the semiannual coffeehouses.
8. Were you a nerd?
I had good grades, but I didn't think of myself as particularly nerdy. Dorky, sure.
9. Did you get suspended/expelled?
The only bit of administrative trouble I seem to recall getting into was during the music department field trip my senior year, which involved a prank gone awry.
10. Can you sing the fight song?
I'm not aware of my school having a fight song, but if we did, it's not something I would've paid attention to.
11. Who was your favorite teacher?
I loved my social studies teacher Mr. Briody, who is largely responsible for introducing me to the post-Rubber Soul Beatles records. And the band teacher, Mr. Lynch, he was the man.
12. What was your school's full name?
Monroe Woodbury Senior High School.
13. School mascot?
The Crusader. And our colors were purple and white. So were the colors at NYU, come to think of it.
14. Did you go to Prom?
Only my Junior and Senior, and while I had a great time at both, I never got to go with the girls I really wanted to go with.
15. If you could go back and do it over, would you?
What's the point? Sure, I'd do a lot of things differently, but I like not having to do homework.
16. What do you remember most about graduation?
I remember an inflatable woman soaring into the sky during our principal's opening speech.
17. Where were you on senior skip day?
I was probably in school, actually, doing something music-department related.
18. Did you have a job your senior year?
No. I only started working once I had access to a car, which was right after graduation.
19. Where did you go most often for lunch?
The cafeteria. There really wasn't anywhere else to go. By senior year, though, I spent most of my free periods in the music wing, goofing off with friends.
20. Have you gained weight since then?
21. What did you do after graduation?
I think I went to the all-night party at the school for a little while. Honestly, it's a blur, although a sober one.
22. When did you graduate?
23. Who was your Senior prom date?
24. Are you going to your 10 year reunion?
Almost. I was at my mom's house that weekend, as a matter of fact, but I never RSVP'd because I thought it was bullshit for us to have to pay $100 or so just to be in some shitty bar an hour's drive away from my mom's house. Still, I almost went.
25. Who was your home room teacher?
Senior year it was Mrs. Burke, and I only know that because spiralshell reminded me in her meme. I'm not sure I paid that much attention during homeroom.