2. Stereogum brings the heat: a new New Pornos track and a new Sufjan Stevens track the likes of which I've never heard.
3. Watched a ton of movies this weekend, since I wasn't feeling so great....
- I had been contemplating buying the newly-released Criterion edition of The Third Man, but I'd wanted to, you know, actually see it first. It was very good, as it turns out, although I think I can hold off on the purchase.
- Until Sunday night, I'd only ever seen David Lynch's Dune once the whole way through, which was probably 11 years ago, or whenever it first appeared on HBO. For whatever reason, the images in that movie have stayed in my head, even if the movie itself was forgettable. Well, having seen it again, I can say that it is a pretty dumb film, although it is just as striking visually as I remember it. I can also say that the movie is really only intelligible if you keep the English subtitles on at all times - it helps a great deal in terms of understanding all the wierd names and stuff (and, in a wierd way, it also sorta helps the whole voiceover-of-inner-monologue thing, too). With subtitles, it becomes an intriguing, albeit flawed, foreign-language sci-fi epic; without, it's a very pretty mess.
- Also, finally caved and bought Kill Bill 1 and 2, even though I'm sure that as soon as the Grindhouse/Death Proof dust settles, Quentin will go ahead and release a deluxe DVD which combines both films with lots of bonus footage and etc. In my defense, at least, the local DVD store was having a massive sale and it didn't really break the bank. The more I watch those films, the more I really, really like them.
4. Sports Guy is doing a chat right at this very moment.
That's all. I have a lot of work to do and absolutely no focus at all, because Kath is at the apartment and I am not with her.