After a weekend of slacking off and Superbowl mania, I got back to work tonight. I had a couple acoustic ideas I wanted to try, but late in the afternoon I started wanting to do a drone, some sort of variation of those long Neu! drones in E (like "Hallogallo" or "Fur Immer"). I quickly sketched out a VERY basic outline and started recording, and now I've got something. It's only 3:30 right now; will definitely have to find a way of expanding it, and this would be as good an opportunity as any to really learn how to do some copy/pasting in ProTools.
This would be the part where I post what I recorded tonight, but it still has a ways to go. That said, I'm pretty fucking jazzed about where it's headed, and if I can figure out how to give it the correct length, and how to properly arrange it so it's not such an obvious Neu! clone, I think this could be the centerpiece of the whole project.
Originally posted on jervo.vox.com