2. Stereolab is playing 4 dates in November at Irving Plaza... gotta get to at least one.
3. Longer review of Saturday night's Tenacious D concert: If any of you are gonna see the D on this tour, here's what you can expect.
- Idiot frat boys who scream out "SASQUATCH!!!" every 5 seconds
- One drunk girl who will scream out "JB you can snack on my bouche!"
- 90+ minutes of jeans-creaming rock power
They played pretty much everything in their catalog except "Explosivo" and "Stabbing You With My Bowie" - and they encored with a jaw-dropping cover of the complete medley at the end of "Abbey Road", which took everyone by surprise and kicked an insane amount of ass. They have a video skit (similar to their HBO shows) which is truly tasteless, and they also have Nerf rockets.
Goddamn they kicked ass. All of us were creaming our jeans.
Oh - and Jimmy Fallon was the opening act. He mostly did impressions (including a spot-on Robin Williams, Jerry Seinfeld, and Adam Sandler), although his biggest laugh was when he told the idiot who was screaming "Bring on the D!!!" to "Shut the fuck up."